Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or more commonly known only as Autism, is a developmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. Symptoms generally appear within 2 years of life.
The cause of ASD is not entirely clear, however, there is research which suggests that the factors which can cause autism are genetic with the influence of environmental factors and non-genetic factors. Therefore, it is important to be vigilant for early signs so that the child may get the help they need to develop.
- Difficulty with communication and interaction with other people
- Restricted interests and repetitive behavior
- Behavior that impairs the child’s ability to function properly in society
- Not responding to their name
- Avoidance of eye-contact
- Flat facial expression
- Avoids physical contact
- Echolalia, repetition of words or phrases
- Overall peculiar behavior accompanied by lack of response to other people or parents
By being able to recognize concrete symptoms and evidence of autism, the child can undergo therapy or interventions so that they can receive the proper attention they need.
Coach Benjamin Mizrahi. Educator. Learning Specialist. Family Coach. Father. Husband.
More articles on www.MrMizrahi.blog