Kids will at times be difficult, it is in their nature. Often at times like these, parents tend to punish disobedience without analyzing what is causing the problem. We must consider that children are emotionally volatile yet delicate. Perhaps there is a need to assess what troubles them so that you may know the root cause of their rebellion.
Try to ask yourself:
- Are they hungry or tired?
- Have I been giving them enough attention?
- Would a change in scenery improve their behavior?
- What happened in the last hour that made them act this way?
- Allow yourself to get down to their level
- Ask for eye contact
- Tell them what they can and cannot do
- Ask them to repeat what they have been told
Coach Benjamin Mizrahi. Educator. Learning Specialist. Family Coach. Father. Husband.
More articles on www.MrMizrahi.blog