Parents carry the burden of raising their children well and setting a good example for them. A budding life that has stemmed from you, whose character and future are dependent on how well they are raised, might at times weigh heavily on your conscience. But, at the end of the day we are still human. So, when you are on the verge of a collapse, keep these tips in mind:
- Be mindful of your own triggers
- Mindful, relaxing breathing for instant calm
- Model the behavior you want
(If you can’t do it, your kids can’t either)
- Apologize if you made a mistake, no one is perfect, nor should one believe to be
- Show that being human is a good thing
- Recognize when you are reaching your limits, and prioritize your wellness and self-care (You can’t take care of your children if you are unwell yourself)
- Make everyday a learning experience for both of you
Keep in mind, parenting is not the destination, but the journey.
Coach Benjamin Mizrahi. Educator. Learning Specialist. Family Coach. Father. Husband.
More articles on www.MrMizrahi.blog